This summer we will feature some 2014 – 2015 school year highlights as well as some of the exciting things that Jenison Public Schools are doing throughout the summer! Please join us each week to discover something new and celebrate a fantastic and exciting school year!
This past school year saw many exciting moments at Jenison Junior High!
- We raised $2,948.54 for Your Change Can Change Hunger
- Academically we honored 536 students at our honor’s night in May.
- 57% of our students attained Honor Roll status – which is outstanding.
- 80 8th graders attained a GPA of 3.0 – 3.49 earning the Presidential Academic Achievement Award
- 197 8th graders attained a GPA of 3.50 or higher earning the Presidential Academic Excellence Award
- 22 students earned perfect attendance
- Many volunteer hours were attained by our students. 30 8th graders were honored for being exemplary students on the criteria of stellar grades, involvement in school activities and community service.
- 44 8th graders from our Challenge American History Class and Challenge Language Arts classes took a field trip to Gerald R Ford Museum and completed a historical scavenger hunt downtown.
- 145 8th graders attended our East Coast Trip
- The Junior High Be Nice club – Empowered students to be nice through opening school assemblies, and activities throughout the school year like – valentines for all students, be nice movie night [1984 version of Karate Kid] and the end of school year celebration.
LINKS – partnership with our general education students and students with autism partnered 35 general education students with 5 students with autism
7th & 8th grade Junior High Science teacher Holly McGoran was named Michigan Science Teacher Association’s Middle School Science teacher of the year.
- Our Junior High Theatre group performed Little Mermaid Junior and put on an outstanding production.