This summer, we will highlight the Jenison ArtMoves program. Each week, we will feature one of the talented student artists and local businesses that have supported the Jenison Visual Arts Department.
Please join us in celebrating our students and thanking these local partners by visiting their businesses.
ArtMoves Featured Artist:
- Favorite Color: Dark green
- Favorite Food: Tacos
- Favorite Book: Of Mice and Men
- Favorite Movie: The Sound of Music
- Favorite class – besides art: English Literature
- A smell he really doesn’t like: The Sweet Pea Bath and Body Works scent!
- Plans for the Summer: Curating for an art gallery and hopefully road tripping with friends!
- Something he wants to get better at: Oil painting and cooking
- Something he is really good at: Posting my artwork on social media FB:@sethhaarter, IG:@sethhaarter or Twitter: @sethhaarter
- Musical instrument? I’ve been playing the cello for eight years
- Pets? A black cat named Pirate
- How old will you be when you think you will feel grown up? I feel like a grown up in my artistic/business life but when it comes to doing things like getting ready to go to college I feel like a small child.
- Where is your ‘happy place’? Anytime I am driving in my car for a longer period of time where I can roll down the windows and blast music through the speakers!
Artist Statement: This piece was created for my AP Art portfolio. The goal of this piece was to really just experiment and practice using watercolors. I chose this landscape because I really wanted to use something that was easily recognizable like the Holland lighthouse.
Seth’s artwork has been leased for 1 year and is on display at the world headquarters of City2Shore. Thank you Steve and Shelley Frody for investing in our students and blessing your clients with this fun piece of art!
ArtMoves is an annual art leasing program created by the Jenison Visual Arts Department. The goal is to connect our talented students with local businesses, and to promote the outstanding work of our student artists.
Business owners in and around the community attend the annual gala and have the opportunity to lease their favorite artwork for a year. The artwork remains on display and at the end of the lease, the student receives their artwork back to proudly display at home.
Many hands go into making this program a reality! A heartfelt thank you goes out to…
- Our amazing staff of Jenison art teachers fostering creativity in all students
- Our high school art teachers and students who help mat the artwork
- Mr. Albert’s high school wood shop class for making the custom frames
- Norbert’s Glass for the donation of the glass for the frames
- The many business partners who invest in our students and value the community we live in!
ArtMoves Gala photography by Damion Van Slyke Photography.