From humble beginnings, Jenison Public Schools has risen to be a dynamic and nationally recognized school district. These recognitions and achievements have been made possible by the strong relationships we have with the families we serve and community we represent.
We are proud of our longstanding tradition of excellence and continued success. We attribute both to the hundreds of educators and community members working together to provide our students with a world-class educational experience. The opportunities our students have been given to develop their talents in terrific facilities is a tribute to our entire Jenison community.
On August 4, our taxpayers are being asked to consider a no tax increase bond proposal that is focused on protecting the investments our community has made in our district facilities.
Continue to learn more about the exciting plans for facility improvements. You are also invited to join me, virtually, for a Facebook live event in two weeks to discuss the importance of this bond issue to the future of Jenison Public Schools.
The date of the live Facebook discussion is Thursday, July 23 at 11:00am. You can join the conversation by visiting the Facebook page.
You are also invited to email any questions you have over the next couple of weeks to email@example.com.
Our district is service oriented, and we are committed to be champions for the children we are privileged to educate. When our students and staff are not preoccupied with the temperature and ventilation in the room, whether there’s a space to teach and learn, and there’s a belief that the environment is safe and secure; we can focus on what matters the most; pouring ourselves into the moldable lives that we are blessed to work with every single day.
With our community’s investment in our facilities and educational programming, we will continue to provide a program of excellence for all students. Parents and community members partnering with Jenison Public Schools to impact our children has been a winning formula for the success of our schools. This is the essence of the saying, ” Together we are Jenison”.
Please vote on August 4.
TOGETHER, WE ARE JENISON!
FULL LIST OF PROJECTS TO BE COMPLETED:
- REPLACEMENT OF FAILING HEATING & VENTILATION SYSTEMS
- ADDITION OF AIR CONDITIONING TO OUR SCHOOL BUILDINGS
- UPGRADING SECURITY AND VIDEO MONITORING SYSTEMS
- NEW MAIN OFFICE AND SECURITY ENTRANCE AT SANDY HILL ELEMENTARY
- PROTECTIVE FILM ON GLASS PARTITIONS AND DOORS IN SECURITY VESTIBULES
- UPDATED FIRE ALARMS, CLOCKS, AND INTERCOM SYSTEMS
- ADDITION OF CLASSROOMS AT BURSLEY ELEMENTARY & THE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
- BUILDING MULTIPURPOSE SPACE FOR BAND & ATHLETICS AT THE HIGH SCHOOL
- DISTRICT TECHNOLOGY IMPROVEMENT & ENHANCEMENTS
- REPLACEMENT OF UNSAFE AND OUTDATED PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT
- DISTRICT BATHROOM RENOVATIONS (NEW STALLS, CEILING PANELS, FLOORING, FIXTURES, & MIRRORS)
- ADDED PARKING LOT ON 20TH AVENUE TO ADDRESS UNSAFE PARKING ISSUES
- BUILDING IMPROVEMENTS (PAINT, CLASSROOM BOOKSHELVES, CEILING TILES, ETC.)
- PURCHASE OF BUSES