This summer, we will highlight the Jenison ArtMoves program. Each week, we will feature one of the talented student artists and local businesses that have supported the Jenison Visual Arts Department.
Please join us in celebrating our students and thanking these local partners by visiting their businesses.
ArtMoves Featured Artist:
- Grade: just completed the 3rd grade at Rosewood Elementary
- Favorite Color: Teal
- Favorite Food: Chicken Stir Fry
- Favorite Book: The Cupcake Club Series
- Favorite Movie: Parent Trap & Freaky Friday
- Favorite class – besides art: Math or Gym
- A smell she really doesn’t like: puke and stinky feet.
- Plans for the Summer: To have Fun!!
- Something she wants to get better at: Rip Sticking
- Something she is really good at: Gymnastics
- Musical instrument: Ukulele
- Pets: My dog, Mia
- Age when she will feel grown up? Somewhere between 9 and 20
- ‘Happy Place’? Sitting in my Big Joe
Artist Statement: Shelby’s favorite part of this project was painting with the bright neon colors. When Shelby isn’t at school she enjoys playing with her friends and reading. She would like to be a teacher when she grows up.
Shelby’s artwork has been leased for 1 year and is on display at Tarry Hall Roller Rink. Thank you Tarry Hall for investing in our students and blessing your clients with this fun piece of art!
ArtMoves is an annual art leasing program created by the Jenison Visual Arts Department. The goal is to connect our talented students with local businesses, and to promote the outstanding work of our student artists.
Business owners in and around the community attend the annual gala and have the opportunity to lease their favorite artwork for a year. The artwork remains on display and at the end of the lease, the student receives their artwork back to proudly display at home.
Many hands go into making this program a reality! A heartfelt thank you goes out to…
- Our amazing staff of Jenison art teachers fostering creativity in all students
- Our high school art teachers and students who help mat the artwork
- Mr. Albert’s high school wood shop class for making the custom frames
- Norbert’s Glass for the donation of the glass for the frames
- The many business partners who invest in our students and value the community we live in!
ArtMoves Gala photography by Damion Van Slyke Photography.