This summer, we will highlight the Jenison ArtMoves program. Each week, we will feature one of the talented student artists and local businesses that have supported the Jenison Visual Arts Department.
Please join us in celebrating our students and thanking these local partners by visiting their businesses.
ArtMoves Featured Artist:
- Grade: just completed 1st grade
- Favorite Color: Green
- Favorite Food: Pizza
- Favorite Book: Green Eggs and Ham
- Favorite Movie: The Greatest Showman
- Favorite class (besides art): Gym
- A smell he really doesn’t like: Farts
- Plans for the Summer: Camping, trip to the Poconos, swimming, playing with friends.
- Something he wants to get better at: Wrestling
- Something he is really good at: Baseball
- Musical instrument? No
- Pets? No
- Age when he will feel grown up? 14
- ‘Happy Place’? Family Chuck E. Cheese
Artist Statement: Levi’s favorite part of this project was adding paint because it was “really fun and it turned out really nice”. When Levi is not at school he makes stuff at home out of paper and paint, he does art every day! When Levi grows up he wants to be a wrestler, an artist, and basketball player.
Levi’s artwork has been leased for 1 year and is on display at Remax of Grand Rapids. Thank you Wyoming Remax team for investing in our students and blessing your clients with this fun piece of art!
ArtMoves is an annual art leasing program created by the Jenison Visual Arts Department. The goal is to connect our talented students with local businesses, and to promote the outstanding work of our student artists.
Business owners in and around the community attend the annual gala and have the opportunity to lease their favorite artwork for a year. The artwork remains on display and at the end of the lease, the student receives their artwork back to proudly display at home.
Many hands go into making this program a reality! A heartfelt thank you goes out to…
- Our amazing staff of Jenison art teachers fostering creativity in all students
- Our high school art teachers and students who help mat the artwork
- Mr. Albert’s high school wood shop class for making the custom frames
- Norbert’s Glass for the donation of the glass for the frames
- The many business partners who invest in our students and value the community we live in!
ArtMoves Gala photography by Damion Van Slyke Photography.